Extraordinary Outcomes. Extraordinary Clients.
For over 25 years, our structural engineers have been making a lasting impact serving clients across Canada and the United States. We design incredible buildings and structures, and we’re here to support you.Learn more
MSE at a Glance
Hutton Headquarters Office Building
Mass Timber Construction
Featured in Canadian Consulting Engineer magazine, Hutton Construction’s new 24,000 sq.ft. office building uses exposed mass timber construction with custom hardware that we designed to meet the client’s aesthetic expectations while maintaining strength and constructability.
Dream Home Renovation
1255 House is an extensive 10,000 sf renovation, overlooking the north end of Lake Ontario. A unique, custom oak staircase links the levels of house, tying together the warm, biophilic nature of the home.
Who We Serve
Working Together. Succeeding Together.
We specialize in unique structures, including those with complex geometry, and projects that advance the state-of-the-art beyond the current limitations of the building code. As such, we work in a variety of sectors and with a verity of materials. Our goals is to always create a solution that best meets the needs of your unique project.
Licensed in Canada: ON, AB, BC, NU, and some US states.
- Collaboration from early design stages with options for structural approach and
- Full structural design with drafting in AutoCAD or modelling in REVIT
- Design and detail for building permit for new construction, retrofits & renovations
- Feasibility and condition assessment studies
- Design for new construction, retrofits & renovations
- Construction services including site review
- Timely responses to RFIs and support during construction
- Support for owners and project managers in early and late stage development process
- Design and drawings for building permit for multi-unit residential developments (townhouses, condominiums, rental apartments, mixed-use) and offices
- Exploration of building alternatives that best suit the needs of the site and cost
- Timber, glulam & CLT specialty design & detailing
- R&D for new products including support for CCMC reports
- Shop drawing review and seal for your product
TimberFever® Design-Build Competition
A Lasting Impact in Our Community
TimberFever® is our annual competition where university students are challenged to build a life-size structure out of wood. Teaming up with industry leaders, we help mentor and shape the next generation of architects and engineers.